Thanks very much to Jessica at ellDimensional for giving me the Liebster Award!
So you’re supposed to write 11 facts about yourself (why 11? such a random number), then answer 11 questions posed by the person who gave you the award, then write 11 questions for the people to whom you give the award.
This is going to be a post of mindless self-centeredness, so I advise you to skip it if you don’t like that kind of thing. 🙂
1. I don’t put milk in my cereal. For some reason, it grosses me out.
2. I was born in the Year of the Dragon. Maybe that explains why I like dragons so much.
3. I’ve been to a tractor pull. You have to be Southern to enjoy them.
4. I’ve never been on a roller coaster. They’re scary.
5. Someone once told me that I reminded them of Adrian from the Rocky series.
6. People also tell me that I look extremely serious. (I guess that’s better than looking foolish.)
7. My normal wake-up time is 5:30. My bedtime is somewhere between 9 and 9:30. Even on weekends. Not sure how healthy, wealthy, or wise that makes me.
8. As much as I love talking about myself on this blog, I hate talking about myself in real life.
9. I don’t like writing in composition books or any kind of notebook that isn’t spiral bound. I like something that can fold over easily.
10. This might be an introvert thing: I really dislike talking to people but really enjoy watching them.
11. I’ve never had my nails done, and the last time I painted them must have been more than 10 years ago.
11 questions (some of these were tough):
1. How old were you when you began writing?
I guess 7 or so. I wrote my first “real” story when I was 9. I remember forcing myself to write one page a day until the story was done, because I had started a few stories by that time but never finished them, and (even at 9) I was mad at myself for that. So I did finish the story—and yes, I still have it, and sometimes I think upon it with much affection.
2. If you could move anywhere, where would you go?
Somewhere with fewer cars and fewer people, so I can be a hermit.
3. Do you have a familiar–I mean, a pet?
Two small dogs and three cats. They are annoying and adorable to varying degrees. (Of course, like any pet owner, I could go on and on about my adorable furballs, but I won’t bore you!)
4. What is your favorite book, and why?
William Faulkner’s The Sound and the Fury because he takes fairly ordinary events and a fairly ordinary Southern family and transforms them into something of beauty and lasting significance.
5. What are your other hobbies?
Reading, teaching catechism classes, walking extremely fast wherever I go, being Captain Obvious.
6. If you become any age you wanted, what age would that be, and why?
Maybe 11. You’re not exactly a child anymore, you’re not in the annoying teenage years yet, and you don’t have any adult responsibilities.
7. If you could travel to any time or place, where would you go?
Sicily, the land of my ancestors.
8. What is your strength?
Being patient with people.
9. Do you have any tattoos?
Nope. I find tattoos fascinating, but I wouldn’t want any of my own.
10. What is your favorite food/dish?
Anything involving pasta.
11. What is the most recent book you’ve read?
Harvest Home by Thomas Tryon. It’s somewhat of a horror classic. If you liked the original Wicker Man movie, you’ll like this one. (But don’t watch the 2006 remake of The Wicker Man. It is horrible.)
For my 11 questions, I’m going to cheat. The nominees can answer the 11 questions I just answered. And my nominees are…
Thanks again to Jessica for nominating me!