I think writing a list of what I am grateful for is a really awesome idea — and not just for Thanksgiving or other holidays. It was suggested to me by sued51, and the more I thought about it, the more I realized that I don’t take the time to count my blessings. There are too many times when I find myself griping about petty things or ranting about circumstances beyond my control. So here I shall count my blessings.
1. My family, all of whom love me unconditionally.
2. My furry animals that keep me amused and supply me with cuddles.
3. My best friend.
4. My boyfriend and his family.
5. Opportunities for full-time jobs. Opportunities for editing projects.
6. Church and being Catholic.
7. Writing and being inspired to continue writing.
8. My job and all my crazy co-workers.
9. This blog and my fellow bloggers.
10. Music and other inspirational things.
11. The library and books!
12. Being an American.
13. Food, shelter, clothing, and water… that so many of us take for granted.
Of course, there are so many more I could list. But overall, these things are what make me happy these days, and granted, I am happy a good 99% of the time. It’s just that sometimes I let the petty things drag me down, and it happens to all of us – after all, we’re only human. But I shall attempt to look at the good things more. 🙂