I found Figment through a link on Twitter (I think) and it seems to be better than most of the other writing sites I’ve blogged about here.
1. Easy to use and navigate.
2. Allows you to post your own cover art or choose from templates.
3. Site is attractive.
4. You get badges!
5. No maximum/minimum word count.
6. You can choose to make your stories private, public, or for a select group of readers only.
1. No anonymous comments allowed. You have to be a member of the site to comment/review.
2. Fanfiction allowed. (This may be a pro to some, but fanfiction annoys me.)
3. No mature content allowed.
4. Geared toward teen/young adult writers.
5. No email notifications yet, but supposedly that feature is coming soon.
Basically, if you’re 13-24, Figment seems like it would be a good site for you to put your work out there and get some constructive criticism. Try it out and let me know what you think! 🙂