I found a new website yesterday! It’s called One Page Per Day and it lets you do just that – write a page per day. You can opt to do more than one if you like, but for those who are just starting out, getting just a single page is a good beginning accomplishment.
1. You can log in with either a Google or Twitter account. I like this – I don’t like having to come up with a whole separate password. (This might be a con to those who don’t have either a Google or Twitter, but I’m thinking that most have an account with Google by now.)
2. The white space and simple layout of the site. Busy, colorful websites drive me crazy and distract me from writing.
3. It saves your work automatically – and calculates your word count in the upper right corner of the screen!
1. That hideous serif font. I understand that they’re trying to make the website have the feel of a typewriter, but maybe as they grow, they will give users a greater range of font options.
2. No formatting. For some, stopping the flow of words to format is a pain, but when I’m writing fiction, I like to italicize my characters’ thoughts and I don’t like going back at the end of the chapter to do that.
Try it out and let me know what you think! Will you use it? (I don’t think I will; I don’t have any need for it – and I prefer the “prodding” of Write or Die.) Have a great day! 🙂